We are a student run team, the largest student-run athletics program at the University of Chicago, and we need your help.
In order to reach our goals, we need the support of our alumni, parents, and friends to address some of the obstacles in our way. We have the vision to get us there, and your contributions will help bring that vision to life.
The University of Chicago Crew is a securely-established, club rowing program well-supported through alumni and parent donations and uniquely supported at the University of Chicago. It is one of the most competitive club rowing programs in the country, with top finishes at the Dad Vail Regatta, the Head of the Charles, the ACRA Championship Regatta, the San Diego Crew Classic, and the Knecht Cup.
Our path to this vision goes through several steps or phases:
Phase One: Continue to work with the city of Chicago in the development of the Jeannie Gang-designed Eleanor Street boathouse, which will be University of Chicago Crew's permanent home.
Phase Two: We are able to consistently raise enough money to purchase new equipment annually, and pay our coaches more competitive salaries and stipends. Both of these are essential for maintaining a competitive, consistent program.
Phase Three: Lobby the college to provide more financial support to the crew program.
WHAT WE ARE EXCITED ABOUT: BUILDING MOMENTUM
Full-Time Head Coaching
In 2012, UChicago Crew welcomed Trish Brubaker as our new Head Coach. A seasoned coach and athlete herself, Trish brings to the team years of experience in building and leading successful crews. Her expertise both on and off the water are helping propel the team forward.
A Boathouse Designed by World Renowned Architect, Jeanne Gang
The City of Chicago has announced that it will be constructing boathouses along the Chicago River. The boathouses will be designed by Jeanne Gang, a MacArthur Fellow architect who's changing the landscape of Chicago architecture. Soon, UChicago Crew will call one of those boathouses, set to be built on our current site, as our new home.
Rising Athletic Success
In the last few years, UChicago Crew has experienced amazing success at major, national regattas. The list below is a snapshot of that success:- 2nd, Medal, Women's Collegiate 4+, Head of the Charles 2014
- Illinois Women's State Champions, 2014
- Illinois Women's State Champions, 2013
- 1st, Gold Medal, Men's Lightweight 4+, Dad Vail 2012
- 1st, Gold Medal, Men's Lightweight 4+, ACRA 2012
- 5th, Medal, Women's Varsity 4+, Head of the Charles 2011
- 3rd, Bronze Medal, Men's Lightweight 4+, Dad Vail 2011
- 2nd, Silver Medal, Men's Lightweight 4+, ACRA 2011
- 2nd, Silver Medal, Women's Varsity 4+, ACRA 2010
- 5th, Medal, Men's Collegiate 4+, Head of the Charles 2010
- 3rd, Medal, Women's Collegiate 4+, Head of the Charles 2010
- 3rd, Medal, Women's Collegiate 4+, Head of the Charles 2009
- 5th, Non-Medal, Men's Collegiate 4+, Head of the Charles 2009
HOW YOU CAN HELP
Attend our regattas and events- Dad Vail National Championship, Philadelphia, PA, May 8th and 9th
- ACRA National Championship, Gainesville, GA, May 23rd and 24th
- Alumni Weekend Row and BBQ, Chicago, IL, Date TBA (more details to come)
Host students at away competitions
Contact our President for more information
A gift of any size matters!